Thursday, March 4, 2010

CPS Sketch 156

This card was made for the CPS Sketch 156 by Card Positioning Systems. I must have been under a rock for a long time to not have ever used one of their layouts!! The sketch calls for a tall, narrow card. I made mine 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" - that way even though the flourish goes past the card base it will still fit in a standard invitation envelope.
I decided to cut my flourish with my Slice - I can't wait for the new "hands free" collar to come out - I have one on order!!
An easy way to add glitter is to run your flourish through a Xyron. Mine is old - 250 Xyron - do they even make refills for that anymore? It is a good thing I still have one in my stash.
I dumped Martha Stewart Coarse Crystal Glitter all over it and then ran it through the Xyron again to attach it to the cardfront.
Doesn't that glitter look like sugar? I would lick it but that would be gross - I added some white lines above/below the black cardstock to soften the darkness. Looking back I wish I had made the solid cardstock a dark gray/charcoal rather than black.
This card is made from my most favorite patterned paper ever (Hannah's Story - Botanical by Cloud 9 Design) - I am hoarding my few remaining sheets but occasionally I pull a few out to play with. I took a pic from an above angle so you could enjoy this paper's beauty (none of my friends think it is as beautiful as I do). The Dandelion (2-4146E) is from A Muse and is embossed in white on the kraft cardstock.

3 comments:

veronica said...

i do so, love that paper! it has a great pattern, and colors too.

Unknown said...

Love it michelle! What slice card did that flourish come from? Great idea w/ the xyron sticky for the glitter too!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love that dandelion stamp! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea