Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tuesday Trigger - Moxie Fab World

EDITED TO ADD - LOOK! This card made it as a Trigger Target!!
Time for more inspiration from the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger!! I can honestly say that with only boys in my house, this dress was a bit of a stretch for me to come up with something that translated into a card.
I looked closely at the crinkly fabric and decided that I would stamp plaid onto watercolor paper. Isn't it amazing how closely the texture of the paper and fabric match up?!
Thanks so much, Roni, for loaning me your SU! Plaid Maker stamps. The stamping actually went pretty quickly since I used a different stamp for each color. I didn't really measure it out perfectly since the lines on the SU! grid paper help a lot for lining things up. When I got done the plaid was more vibrant than I wanted (bright colors are scary!!) so to tone it down I gave the paper a wash of 1/2 Claudine Hellmuth Matte Gel Medium and 1/2 Blank Canvas acrylic paint.
The felt flowers are the same colors as the butterfly on the dress and the white ricrac ribbon cut down the turquoise a bit (things were getting a little too bright again!!) A cute sentiment from A Muse (Monogram Frames clear set) was the perfect finishing greeting. All in all a pretty good success!

9 comments:

veronica said...

i think you were right to wait for the watercolor paper. it turned out great. the felt flowers are cute too.

farmhouse-story said...

this is sooo cute!

Gwen said...

This card is so pretty! Love the techniques you used!

Kimberly Jones said...

Great plaid technique Michelle! Love the color combination too!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! What a fun take on this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along!

farmhouse-story said...

congrats on your highlight, michelle!--your card and technique are adorable! love the way you toned the colors down!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Great take on the photo. Love the felt flower.s :o)

Vicki B. said...

Congrats! Love how you created your paper. Great idea!

Rebekah said...

beautiful!! congrats on the trigger shout out..