Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Muse Pajama Party!!

Last night was the A Muse Pajama Party - I had SO much fun!! I've never had the opportunity to play before - Here are the rules - There was a challenge posted every half hour. You are on the honor system to not spend more then 30 minutes per card. I have a tendency to overthink and fret over even the simplest cards but I stuck to the rules and I was really pleased with how things turned out.
Challenge #1 was to be inspired by the picture on this post - This is the perfect type of card to use your paper scraps! In fact, all the paper I used (with the exception of the 4b notecards) came from my A Muse scraps! I was able to add some dimension by using foam dots to pop up the 1 1/4" circles around the sentiment.
Challenge #2 was repetition - use a stamp at least 3 times on your card. The clams were just the perfect thing for this fast and easy creation. TIP - I stamped the "colored clams" first so that they would be just where I wanted them to be in relation to the sentiment and then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the surrounding clams.
Challenge #3 was to be inspired by your favorite flower - I really like poppies and this stamp is so fast and easy to play with - I colored with my Koh-i-noor pencils and smoothed out the pencil lines with odorless mineral spirits and a paper stump. It is hard to tell from the photo the but black rickrack was actually cut from A Muse Slate Shimmer Paper - adds some subtle richness to the overall look of the card!Last but not least, Challenge #4 is a card for mom. Mama birds are building nests all over the place and for little baby birds, "Home is where your MOM is" certainly fits the bill. I can't tell you how much fun these challenges were - it's because A Muse stamps, paper, ribbon, etc. are so inspiring and easy to work with! I can't wait until the next A Muse Pajama Party!!
Stamps - A Muse 8-8532B Hello, 2-3140C Clams, 9-8629B Happy as clams, 2-4141F Modern poppy, 9-8588B Get better soon, 2-4118C Egg nest, 2-4075A Tiny bird, 9-8558B Home is

14 comments:

Driven to Ink said...

exceptional cards, as always michelle! thanks for playing along! :)

jenn shurkus said...

wonderful cards michelle ;) love them all!!!

Alison said...

love the clams and the mothers day card!

veronica said...

they are all cute. i love the popped up circles for the cupcake inspired card. clams are cute, and love the ricrac on the poppy.

Kimberly Jones said...

looks like so much fun! great job on all the cards!

Beach Girl 115 said...

Your cards are stunning!

Alanna Harris said...

I love them all...great designs! I love the mom card best - the gingham did it!!

Carly said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love them all!!

Sarah said...

I love all of your color combinations. And those clams are just adorable en masse.

imteresa said...

That bird's nest card is darling! Great job on all of them!

Glenda J said...

Fantastic job on all of these! My favourite is the cupcake one! Love all the papers.

jill said...

Wow Michelle! These are amazing. I especially love what you did with the clams ;)

scoopy (Emily) said...

Love your challenge cards michelle! The one with the circles is my fav of the bunch!

Jamie said...

what great cards :)