Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Paper Crafts - Phone Book Challenge

Recently, Jessica Witty issued a Phone Book Challenge on the papercraftsconnection blog. I'd been thinking for a few days about what kind of card to make. I was thinking vintage phone pic but hadn't found quite what I was looking for until yesterday when I stumbled across this downloadable gem on the Green Paper site. She is demonstrating the proper posture and demeanor for a responsible, sedate phone conversation. . .
"Hello Operator - I just found the best sale at the mercantile on gewgaws - you'd better hurry before Matilda gets down there and buys them all up!"
Don't ya just love all those gewgaws hanging from her waist?! Bet she couldn't sneak up on ya! This layout is from the Caardvarks site - another new challenge site for me! This is one of those very rare cards (for me) that has no rubberstamping on it - Have to wonder what this lady would think of cell phones - I think she'd add it to her gewgaw collection!! hee hee

4 comments:

Mary said...

I LOVE it! Thanks for sending me a pic for my album!!!

Novell said...

I have a lot of phone company friends who'd think that pic is hilarious....

Kimberly Jones said...

Love this card Michelle! It's vintage and funny all the same time! And I love the color scheme!

Tiffany said...

Love this card!! Fab!