Saturday, May 15, 2010

Steel Stamped A Muse

WHOO HOO! I love this card so much - Such a clean, graphic, easy way to express thanks for a great meal! I stamped the A Muse Flatware image (2-7195E) in Staz-On black ink onto a 4b size kraft notecard (kinda looks like a stamp - you know the wooden block with the black image on the back - no wonder I love it - what's more beautiful than a rubber stamp?) The metal piece is cut from Quickutz Metal sheets and stamped with my steel stamps.
Had so much fun with the first card that I made a second one - this one features the A Muse Flutterby stamp (9-4177F). Now I've got all kinds of ideas about A Muse solid stamp images to use - Small Chrysanthemum, Maple Leaf Solid, Damask Solid, Solid Apple, etc.
I trimmed a hair off the bottom of the card and added the scalloped trim with an EKSuccess Edge Punch. I thought it kinda grounded the black but I also think these cards would've been great even without that touch but I have a hard time leaving things "well enough alone" so I added it. That's why I will never be Susan Raihala but I had fun trying! Well, that and the part where Susan likes to use bright colors and I'm boring in the color world. Hope you are having a great day!

3 comments:

veronica said...

love the YUMMY card. very nice!

Becky Rusher said...

Great design, Michelle! These are awesome!

Susan Raihala said...

Both of these cards are DA BOMB! The scalloped edge really does ground the simple design, too.

I tend to think of CAS as a spectrum. The ultra-CAS that I gravitate toward is fun for me to do, but I still enjoy seeing all the shades up to ultra embellished. It's all good.

Your blog is in my google reader, but I'm WAY behind in my reading and commenting. Too many great blogs, so little time!