Thursday, June 23, 2011

OLW59 - Pinterest Inspiration

This week's One Layer Wednesday Challenge is to be inspired by the Pinterest picture below - There are lots of ways to interpret this photo but when I saw these cards by Shari Carroll I knew exactly what I wanted to do -
I did a little kissing to get the texture (inked the Mesh Background or Swanky Background and then "kissed" it with a clean circle from Lots of Dots to pick up the ink to stamp onto the cardfront) and then added a button and paper flower.
Love the impression of movement on such a simple card - All supplies, paper, ink and accessories are available in my online a muse|studio shop.

7 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a great interpretation of the inspiration photo! I love the addition of the button and paper flower.

Sarah said...

Love the colors and textures you used. And the kissing is awesome.

Susan said...

I still haven't tried the "kissing" technique...haven't quite figured it out I guess, but I LOVE the look you've achieved here!
My Card

Deborah Frings said...

Super - really lovely. Great interpretation of both the inspiration picture from Susan and the cards by Shari Carroll. I like the effect with the kiss technique - must have a play with that!!

Lisa A. said...

Love the soft and pretty colors, Michelle...love how you used the kissing technique...wonderful card:)!!

Jennie M said...

Very pretty Michelle!

Jenny said...

Love the graphic take on the challenge, fab contempary card :)
Jenny x