Sunday, August 17, 2014

Illustration Friday - JOURNEY

"If my ship sails from sight,
it doesn't mean my journey ends,
it simply means the river bends." - Enoch Powell

I've never been on a boat bigger than a motor boat - never a sailboat, cruise ship or yacht.  I've always been fascinated with the idea of ocean travel - how in the past it would take weeks to travel to your destination and weeks to return.  Now large cruises are more about the journey than the destination.
Linking to Sunday Sketches

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bellissimo!!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

so LOVELY!

denthe said...

Love it! And the quote as well....

alarmcat said...

beautiful "journey" sketch and quote!!

Janet said...

Beautiful sketch!

Kelly Roberts said...

I do like it too. The boat does look far way. Good job!

Alexandra MacVean said...

She's very lovely and sweet, Michelle. Love the brown paper behind her as well. :)