Sunday, November 2, 2014

S Hook girl

Yesterday we headed up to Vincennes, IN and attended the Muster on the Wabash which reenacts the encampments of the War of 1812.  Love the dedication of the reenactors - they actually camped onsite for the weekend (which turned really cold) with no modern day comforts with the exception only of a couple of toilets - no showers.  We learned so much from the many history buffs that were quick to share their information - we watched people craft and reenact battle scenes and enjoyed some period food.  I even got to play with the Blacksmith's tools.  I made the S-Hook pictured (with help of course) - You can tell I had fun during the twisting part since there are so many wonky twists.  That was the easiest part of the process.  I got to wear his leather apron and use all the tools but his hammer - "Nobody uses my hammer but me."  I sketched the girl during our drive up.
Linking to Sunday Sketches and

6 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

What a beautiful sketch! I love your S hook too, what a fun experience!

Serena Lewis said...

What a fund time that would have been. Great job on the S-hook too...it looks quite decorative!

Lovely sketch too! :)

Christine said...

Lovely S-hook girl!

Unknown said...

What a fun day! All my children are history buffs and would have enjoyed your adventure...especially making the hook! beautiful.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Beautiful illustration, Michelle. I love her hair. How cool about the event. It looks like you had a great time. :)

alarmcat said...

very cool!! sounds like a fun day.