Thursday, March 26, 2015

The difference between a house and a home

"The difference between a house and a home is like the difference between a man and a woman - it might be embarrassing to explain, but it would be very unusual to get them confused.  
                     - Lemony Snicket

This girl started on a gelatin leaf print on paper from a childrens' dictionary with help from a Balzer Designs chevron stencil and a sprig of leaves from the backyard.  Stencils don't often show up with my girls but when one does it almost invariably ends up being this chevron stencil - love the clean geometric feel that it gives to this layout.
Linking to Paint Party Friday and

7 comments:

Giggles said...

Fabulous quote I have never heard before!! Thanks for sharing!! It truly speaks volumes!! There truly is no place like home!

Hugs Giggles

Clare Lloyd said...

always love your work

Kate Robertson said...

Oh I love your page, the face is wonderful and the quote is great. I too had not heard this before.

I'd like to offer you the opportunity to link to my site too.

Kate

denthe said...

Gorgeous colours, and you're right: the stencil looks great with your girl!

Tracey FK said...

awesome quote... Phants used to love those books and we read them endlessly... and the way you put paint down is just lovely... have I ever told you that before... i sure hope I have!!!

bellefrogworks said...

Love the girl and the quote is perfect

Viola said...

Wow, this is really beautiful! Now I too have my gelli plate. :) Still haven't fulfilled any of them.. only the background.. :)